Senior Taxi operates in Mladá Boleslav
People aged 65 years or older can now enjoy the convenience of a 24/7 taxi-service at a low-fare #TheMayorEU #Senior #Elderly #Taxi #Solidarity #Social #Policy #Mobility
- November 06, 2018 14:30, 262 impressions
- Aseniya Dimitrova
The Czech city of Mladá Boleslav is implementing a new social service, aimed to facilitate the mobility of elderly, as of September 2018. The Senior Taxi is dedicated to residents of the city beyond 65 years of age, or to people with disabilities, regardless of the age, who own a city transport card. The ride is offered at a preferential prize of 20 crones per direction (equivalent to around EUR 0.77) per passenger, within the city and all suburban areas and selected destinations in Kosmonosech. If necessary, the person entitled to the preferential tariff can bring hand luggage and can be escorted by someone free of charge.
The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be purchased via a free phone service one day in advance. The service is valid from the residents’ home to one of the following places:
- buildings of state administration and self-government entities,
- medical facilities and pharmacies,
- branches of the Post Office,
- schools and kindergartens,
- train stations and bus stations,
- seniors' homes, nursing homes,
- city swimming pool,
- house of culture and other cultural sites,
- seniors' clubs, intergenerational and community centres,
- facilities of social service providers,
- the facilities of churches and religious societies registered in the Czech Republic.
Mladá Boleslav is located in the Central Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic with a total area of close to 30km squared and a population of 44 167 people, 8 270 of which are beyond the age of 65.
Source: Municipality of Mladá Boleslav, Czech Statistical Office