The Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championships is the first multi-sport event with co-hosts Glasgow
1,572 athletes from 49 countries compete in 48 disciplines until 12 August
- August 07, 2018 16:00, 1062 impressions
- Monika Dimitrova
Yesterday started the Berlin 2918 European Athletics Championships in Berlin. It will be part of the first multi-sport European Championships along with co-hosts Glasgow. It will be a must-watch, must-attend experience that elevates the status of European Champions, uniting existing European Championships to celebrate the highest honour in European sport and celebrating the defining moments that create Champions.
- It is the continent’s ultimate multi-sport event, an 11-day celebration of European sport staged every four years.
- Seven of Europe’s leading sports (athletics, aquatics, rowing, golf, cycling, gymnastics, triathlon) will be brought together for the first edition.
- The European Athletics Championships in Berlin will be staged 6-12 August. The six other sports will be staged in Glasgow through 2-12 August.
- 4,500 athletes from 53 nations in total will compete across the seven sports.
- Potential TV audience of over one billion with millions more across multiple digital platforms.
- Over half a million spectators expected.