The feedback service of Espoo receives 20,000 messages every year
Residents most often give feedback on streets, traffic and the environment
- 04 декември 2019, 14:30
- Monika Dimitrova
The Finnish City of Espoo receives around 20,000 messages through its electronic feedback service annually and the number is constantly increasing. Espoo residents most often give feedback on the condition of the streets, the traffic and the environment, followed by health services and exercise services. The number of messages concerning streets and traffic issues is constantly increasing, which is the main reason for the increase in the total amount of feedback.
The Municipality values feedback from the locals. It helps the local government develop Espoo into an even better and safer place to live. Citizens can find a link to the feedback service at the bottom of every Espoo.fi page. It is also available as a mobile application called Trimble.
Solutions inspired by citizens
Inspired by the tide of suggestions and ideas, the City of Espoo has introduced many improvements. Libraries, for example, have improved their services in the following ways over the past two years on the basis of feedback:
- Karaoke events are organized.
- Saunalahti Library received equipment that enables much-requested self-service hours during the weekends and during the summer.
- A casual discussion group for seniors was launched at Nöykkiö Library.
- Iso Omena Library offers an arts and crafts table for children and gaming consoles and fresh interior decorations in the youth space.
- The routes of mobile libraries are planned for each season based on the feedback received from daycare centres and schools.
- Tickets for the traditional Independence Day Gala Concert are available online.
Residents of Espoo also inform the Municipality when something needs fixing. In this way it is permanently improving traffic safety, emptying litter bins, removing graffiti, adjusting traffic light timing, felling trees and repairing streetlights. The city aims to make even better use of the feedback it receives in the future.
TheMayor.EU се обявява против дезинформацията и разпространението на фалшиви новини. Ако сте попаднали на такива примери, пишете ни на firstname.lastname@example.org