Lisbon, Gothenburg, Milan and Ljubljana – the European leaders for well-being
4 out of the 16 finalist for the first edition of the Wellbeing City Award are European cities
- středa 13. únor 2019 11:30, 2098 impressions
- Olya Georgieva
Wellbeing City Award is the first international prize which recognizes cities that place residents’ well-being at the center of their policies. More than 100 cities from 27 countries and six continents were considered for the competition.
The finalist cities for the 2019 Wellbeing City Award, in their categories, are:
- Community: Bogotá (Colombia); Milan (Italy); New Haven (US); and Santa Monica (US)
- Economy and opportunity: Amaravati (India); Chicago (US), Ljubljana (Slovenia); and Pune (India)
- Public health: Gothenburg (Sweden); Kigali (Rwanda); Los Angeles (US); Vancouver (Canada)
- Sustainable environment: Avià (Catalonia, Spain); Curridabat (Costa Rica); Lisbon (Portugal); Moonee Valley (in Melbourne metropolitan area, Australia).
One laureate in each of the four categories, and one overall 2019 Wellbeing City laureate will be announced in April 2019. A formal ceremony and international urban well-being forum will also be held in Montréal in mid-2019; where mayors, senior government leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators will share with, learn from and inspire one another, bringing together examples of well-being initiatives, programs and policies from across the globe and from cities of all sizes.