Adrian Torma ConstantinŽivotopis
The locality was first mentioned in documents from 1777. In a map dating back to 1723 the locality carried the name Pesneak, and in 1761 Bosneak. It seems that there were two settlements - Bosnia and Baron, their merger formed the current settlement - Moldova Nouă. In the local administrative charter from 1808 the town is called Neu Moldova (New Moldova). The Upper Clisurii area of the Danube (from Baziaş to Cozla), where Moldova Nouă is located, has been inhabited since ancient times. The earliest traces of human settlement are from the Paleolithic era, in and around the territory of the village of Gornea (Sicheviţa commune). In the perimeter of the city of Moldova Nouă and in biggest part of the localities in Clisura, archaeologists have made discoveries from all the other periods of ancient history including the Bronze Age.
Moldova Nouă experienced rapid development following the Second World War, when it became the main economic centre in the south of Banat. In 1950 Moldova Nouă became a “rayon” residence in the Banat region and in 1954 it was finally officially declared a city.
Moldova Nouă is a Romanian city, located in the southwestern part of the country in the historical region of Banat, in an area known as Clisura Dunării. It is situated on the shores of the river Danube. The Municipality of Moldova Nouă administers three villages: Măcești, Moldova Veche and Moldovița.
According to the 2011 census, the inhabitants of Moldova Nouă were 12,350.
Address: Moldova Nouă, str. Nicolae Balcescu № 25
It is the second longest river in Europe. The greater part of the Danube Delta lies in Romania. The Danube Delta is also the best preserved river Delta in Europe, and since 1991 UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its lakes and marshes support 45 freshwater fish species while its wetlands are often the home of vast flocks of migratory birds representing over 300 species.