Budapest Summer Festival 2018 from June to August
Wide range of cultural programs expects you
- June 24, 2018 10:00
- Monika Dimitrova
Budapest is one of the cultural capitals of Europe, and the 2018 key element is the three-month summer festival on the island of Margit. The small piece of land is located in the Danube - just between Buda and Pesta. Margit is a popular place for walking and recreation, gathering medieval history, sports and leisure facilities, and theater and music venues. Visitors of the summer festival can enjoy performances from different genres: from opera to ballet and musical. The Budapest Summer Festival offers a wide range of cultural programs for the summer months. Highlights of the program:
- The Great Gatsby Ballet performance on 6-7 July, by star soloists of the Saint Petersburg Mariinszkij Ballet, as well as dancers from the Complexions Contemporary Ballet and the Kiev and Odessa National Ballet companies.
- Planets concert by Jeff Mills and the The Danubia Orchestra of Óbuda on 13 July.
The festival program (around 100) is rich and diverse: concerts, musicals, dance shows, theatrical performances for children and adults, comedies at three venues:
- Open-Air Theater in Városmajor – venue for many children programs
- the Open-Air Theater on Margaret Island and
- the Water Tower on Margaret Island.
Source: Budapest by Locals
TheMayor.EU stands against fake news and disinformation. If you encounter such texts and materials online, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org