Creative Ireland Programme
The Creative Ireland Programme is 5 year long cooperation between central and local government for creativity stimulation
- November 15, 2018 21:30, 1592 impressions
- Aseniya Dimitrova
The Creative Ireland Programme invites the entire country to get involved in an innovative and stimulating project. It drives on the collaboration between the central and local governments and gathers actors from the fields of culture and industry, unifies artists and policy makers with the objective to build an environment stimulating creativity.
The programme is based on the understanding of the power of cultural creativity as capable of bringing communities together and strengthening the sense of identity and will focus on cultural heritage. The initiative thus places creativity at the centre of public policy. The five-year initiative lasts from 2017 to 2022 and will put creativity at the centre of public policy. It centres around five pillars:
- Enabling the Creative Potential of Every Child;
- Enabling Creativity in Every Community;
- Investing in the Creative and Cultural Infrastructure;
- Ireland as a Centre of Excellence in Media Production;
- Unifying the Global Reputation of Ireland.
Source: Longford County Council