Explore Amsterdam Innovation Arena - the leading smart playground in the world
Sensors monitoring the quality of soil, roof keeping track of climate conditions, real-time tracking of the state of the field – learn about something more than just a football stadium
- April 08, 2019 11:30
- Aseniya Dimitrova
The Amsterdam Innovation Arena claims to be a living lab where new concepts and technologies develop into one-of-a-kind Smart City solutions. Opened back in 1993, the Johan Cruijff Arena was already one of the most modern stadiums in the Old continent with a movable rooftop, adaptable to different purposes. Nowadays it remains a cluster where top-notch innovators, bright minds and creative thinkers meet and test smart stadium solutions. What is more, it aims to be the leading brand with a global impact by welcoming all sorts of actors from stakeholders, performing artists, sports persons and permanent tenant AJAX and their fans, to the business partners, the visitors, working in one of six main fields:
- The Basic Infrastructure that makes everything else possible is backed by unlimited WI-FI and 4G/5G and a continuously managed Data Lake;
- Customer Journey and mobility needs of up to 80 000 visitors are safely met;
- When it comes to Facility Management multiple disciplines are integrated into environment that grants full potential for the development of IoT;
- Fan experience and Safety and Security are jointly guaranteed by the joint actions of the National Police and Amsterdam Municipality;
- And finally – in Sustainability & Circular Economy the Stadium is aiming to be among the most energy efficient buildings of its kind, following the implementation of Energy Storage system.
Curious to find out more about this amazing place? Learn more about Amsterdam Innovation Arena here.