Financial support for cinemas as innovation hubs for local communities
The call for proposals has a budget of 2 million euros
- August 05, 2019 21:30
- Monika Dimitrova
The European Commission has launched a call for proposals to create innovative cultural hubs around cinema theatres, notably in zones where there is limited cinema and cultural infrastructure. The budget of the initiatives is 2 million euros.
The objectives of the call are the following:
- Experiment with new ways of rethinking the cinema experience and creating innovative cultural places;
- Audience development and building communities through interactive experiences;
- Supporting cinema equipment and digitalisation.
This support will test new ways of creation of innovative cultural venues, making cinemas more important it the local communities. The future projects will help cinemas to provide access to different cultural content and educational activities for the youngest audience.
Theis Preparatory Actions are meant to introduce and test new initiatives with funding for no more than 3 years. The call for propolsals is the first one of the Preparatory Action “Cinemas as Innovation Hubs for Local Communities”. The maximum co-funding could 80% of the total eligible costs. The deadline for submitting applications is 25 September 2019.
Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public);
- public authorities (national, regional, local);
- international organisations;
- educational institutions;
- profit making entities.
Source: European Commission
TheMayor.EU stands against fake news and disinformation. If you encounter such texts and materials online, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org