Genoa, Milan and Turin united for tourism
The three Italian municipalities have signed a Memorandum of Understanding, to promote their tourist destinations at both a national and international level
- May 06, 2020 17:30
- Monika Dimitrova
The Municipalities of Genoa, Milan, and Turin have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to intensify their relationships through joint participation in projects related to economic and tourist development, cultural activities, and tourism promotion. The common future activities will be focused on particular reference to the themes of culture, major events, sports initiatives, design, fashion, food and wine, crafts, and territorial marketing at a national and international level.
The objective of the three Italian cities is to promote their respective tourist destinations on a large scale and plan joint initiatives for the development and promotion of the tourist offer. The ultimate goal of the joint effort should be to increase tourist flows.
“This collaboration agreement is an important step to tackle the serious crisis facing the entire tourism sector due to the measures put in place to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic. We will act together to promote proximity tourism, enhancing the work, professionalism and skills of all the players in the supply chain, starting from guides and tour leaders.”, ”, underlined the Tourism Councilors Laura Gaggero (Genoa), Roberta Guaineri (Milan) and Alberto Sacco (Turin).
As part of the Memorandum, the three municipalities will take the following joint actions:
- consolidate knowledge and integration between the three territories;
- protect, enhance and mutually promote the historical, artistic, cultural and tourist heritage of the cities and territories of reference;
- protect, enhance and mutually promote the landscape-environmental, artisan, commercial and food and wine heritage as well as the economic tourism development;
- encourage the development of an integrated and complementary tourist offer;
- propose a complementary and integrated tourist offer at national and international level, also through joint participation in trade fairs and marketing events in national and international markets of common interest;
- share best practices in a socio-economic and tourism development perspective.
TheMayor.EU stands against fake news and disinformation. If you encounter such texts and materials online, contact us at email@example.com