If you are an aspiring journalist apply for Youth4Regions media programme
The deadline for applications is 28 February 2019
- February 06, 2019 09:30, 974 impressions
- Olya Georgieva
In order to increase awareness of regional policy and fight disinformation, European Commission's DG REGIO gives journalism students and young journalists the opportunity to cover one of the regional policy events across Europe organized by the Commission with covered accommodation and travel expenses.
To submit your application, send the DG REGIO an article (400 – 1000 words) on a subject related to the topic of the specific press trip you wish to attend, at your own choosing using the application form. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2019, 17:00 CET.
The applicants have to meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship of an EU Member State or a neighbouring country included in EU macroregional strategies (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine)
- 18 to 30 years of age
- Studying journalism, or
- Graduated journalism studies in the past 2 years and is working as a journalist.
In 2019, the Youth4Regions media programme includes the following press trips:
- EUSAIR Forum (6-8 May, Budva, Montenegro)
- EUSBSR Forum (12-13 June, Gdańsk, Poland)
- EUSDR Forum (27-28 June, Bucharest, Romania)
- EUSALP Forum (November, date tbc, Milan, Italy)
- Smart Regions 3.0 (November, date tbc, Brussels, Belgium)
- CITIES Forum (November, date tbc, Porto, Portugal)