Karlovy Vary with smart app for recyclIng bins
Visitors and residents in the Czech spa resort can now contribute to keeping it clean
- August 05, 2019 11:30
- Aseniya Dimitrova
It is now possible to report a congested or damaged recycling bin container in Karlovy Vary in a quick and easy fashion. This is doable with a free mobile application, available on the Apple Appstore and Google Play. The application determines the location of the mobile device and within a few moments displays a map indicating the nearest collection points for a specific type of waste. The app provides a quick way to signal for a full or damaged container and involve the responsible service. The city or the collection company can then respond quickly, for example by placing the location on the nearest collection route, or, if necessary, arranging for the cleaning of such a place.
Some of the main features of the application are:
- A well-presented map of the whole city, showing all available waste sorting containers (colour coded according to waste type);
- alphabetically sorted list of streets where containers are available;
- filtering containers by waste type (ideal way to search only for places where it is possible to discard specific waste, such as those meant only for plastics);
- search for a street by entering its name;
- an information page where you can find out all important information about waste sorting and other waste collection data;
- a contact page that contains contact details for those responsible for the municipal waste collection system.
Find more about it from the city of Karlovy Vary.
Like the article? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest from the EU cities right into your inbox.