Lord Mayor’s 5 Alive Challenge 2019 is launched!
Want to take up running ? There is no better motivation than running alongside Lord Mayor of Dublin
- November 19, 2018 17:30, 2729 impressions
- Aseniya Dimitrova
The registration for the 7th Lord Mayor's 5 Alive Challenge has just been opened. This year, the following challenges stand before participants:
- Liffey Valley Ac Tom Brennan 5k at 12noon on Tuesday 1st January 2019 in the Phoenix Park.
- AXA Raheny 5 Mile at 3pm on Sunday 27th January 2019 in Raheny
- Garda / BHAA 2 Mile & 4 Mile Cross Country Races at 11am on Saturday 2nd February 2019 in the Phoenix Park
- Metro St. Brigid's Athletics Club St. Patrick's Festival Ireland 5k at 12pm on Monday 18th March 2019 in Dublin City Centre.
- Dublin City Council / BHAA 4 Mile Road Race at 11am on Saturday 30th March in St. Anne's Park Raheny **This race date could change to Saturday 6th April and this will be confirmed in the New Year.
To successfully complete the Challenge, participants must finish in all 5 races. Only one substitution is available.
The patron of the initiative Lord Mayor of Dublin Nial Ring is passionate about running. He reportedly aims to reach his 50th parkrun milestone during the current term of office. The head of the Irish capital enjoys the benefits of sport and has inspired lots of people to take up regime of running and exercise.
In order to take part in the Challenge, one must be over 18 years of age and make a preliminary registration at goo.gl/ix2LCw. Places are limited to 400 and priority will be given to first time applicants and people whose 5K finish time is over 30 minutes.
The Lord Mayor’s 5 Alive Challenge is organised by the Office of the Lord Mayor of Dublin and the Dublin City Sport & Wellbeing Partnership.
Source: Dublin City Council, Lord Mayor of Dublin Nial Ring