Plan a trip and visit the Seven Wonders of Portugal
Do you know which are they? If not, take a look
- August 18, 2018 14:00
- Olya Georgieva
Here are the Seven Wonders of Portugal and you should visit them all!
- Guimarães Castle - an imposing medieval castle
- Obidos Castle - 12th century castle surrounded by 45 feet high walls
- Alcobaça Monastery - Portugal's largest church, founded in 1153
- Batalha Monastery - magnificent gothic monastery and a World Heritage monument
- Jeronimos Monastery - impressive monastery, and one of Lisbon's most visited monuments
- Pena Palace - Sintra's most famous monument, a fantastic palace.
- Belem Tower - the majestic symbol of Lisbon
You are probably wondering how to visit them all…You can start your trip in Lisbon where are situated two out of the seven wonders – namely the Belem Tower and the Jeronimos Monastery. From there, Sintra, where the famous Pena Palace is placed, is just in 40 minutes by car and 1 hour by train. Then hit to the North of the country passing by Óbidos, Batalha e Alcobaça, and then last but not least finish your wonderful trip in Guimarães - the Birthplace of the Portuguese Nation.