Smart city technologies solve daily municipal problems and enchance the quality of life
Find out how
- April 23, 2018 21:30
- Monika Dimitrova
The global urban migration brings new challenges to ensuring the safety, convenience, and security of residents, prompting city planners and governments to look at Smart city technologies to solve daily municipal problems and enhance the quality of life of citizens. Find out how:
- Traffic management - video management technologies detect traffic congestion, capture the registration number of vehicles from video footage, and find out if a vehicle has violated traffic or parking rules.
- Vehicle lost and found - an automatic number plate reading system helps locate lost, abandoned or stolen vehicles. Traffic police enter the vehicle number in a database to locate it using video surveillance.
- Crowd monitoring - closed-circuit television cameras with object detection technology detect the number of people in an area and trigger an alarm to the police control room if there is an increase in the number of people in a location.
- Pedestrian safety - video management software and technologies detect pedestrians walking in different directions as well as the number of pedestrians and vehicles on the road.
- Crime prevention - facial recognition technologies check an individual’s face against designated watch lists, then flag the appearance of known criminals in a location, contributing to proactive crime prevention.
- Faster incident resolution - video management technologies with new levels of connectivity help police departments respond to public safety threats faster. Police departments can now even access real-time video footage on their mobile devices to help citizens.
TheMayor.EU stands against fake news and disinformation. If you encounter such texts and materials online, contact us at email@example.com