The 5 Most Beautiful Towns in Slovakia
The country is one of the smallest in Europe but has numerous places you have to visit
- April 28, 2018 21:00
- Monika Dimitrova
Slovakia has beautiful cities, stunning castles, amazing palaces, interesting history, but its main treasure is its nature. More than 6000 caves, 9 national parks, 14 protected landscape areas, 1,087 natural reserves, natural monuments and protected areas … all this is located in one of the smallest countries in Europe and right in its heart.
- Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia, situated in the southwestern part of the country along both of the Danube and Morava banks. There are countless museums, art galleries and other notable attractions that can be found in Bratislava. It is located about 80 kilometers from Vienna and therefore serves also as the closest gate, as there are many low-cost airlines flying here from around Europe.
- The historical town of Levoča can be found in the eastern parts of the nation. It is known for its town center as well as the historical walls around the town which still stand today. There are countless buildings in the town which date back to the Renaissance period and as such, most of the town is considered a World Heritage site.
- You will find the city of Košice located in the eastern part of the country. It is situated along the banks of the Hornád River. There are a number of museums and galleries as well as theaters and universities that can be found in Košice. It also features one of the most well-preserved historical town centers in the country thanks to which it is often referred to as the most beautiful city in Slovakia.
- Situated in the northwestern part of Slovakia, the city of Žilina is situated along the banks of the Váh River, near where the Kysuca, Rajčanka and Váh rivers merge. The city is a very popular destination in the country on the account of the very scenic countryside located in the nearby Strážov Mountains Protected Landscape Area as well as the Malá Fatra National Park.
- You will find the city of Banská Bystrica in the central portion of the country where it rests along the banks of the Hron River. The city is surrounded by the majestic Low Tatra Mountains which have helped the city to become a popular winter destination in the country. Since it was first settled back in the 9th century, there are countless historical buildings that can be found within the city which includes mansions, churches and fortifications. Very interesting is the renovated city centre that is also very romantic especially during the summer months, when you can find lots of pubs, cafes and restaurants featured with typical folklore live music here.
Source: Travel and visit
TheMayor.EU stands against fake news and disinformation. If you encounter such texts and materials online, contact us at email@example.com