The REGIOSTARS Awards 2019 contest is open
The annual contest rewards regional projects, funded by the European Union
- March 01, 2019 14:30
- Aseniya Dimitrova
The REGIOSTARS Award 2019 has been opened. This annual prize given by the European Commission aims to reward those projects, funded by the European Union, which have demonstrated excellent approaches to regional developmental challenges. The awards are given in five thematic categories, among which smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, urban development and a topic of the year.
This year’s challenge places the accent on the following essential topics, which will shape the future regional policy of the Union:
- promoting digital transformation;
- connecting the green, blue and grey;
- combatting inequalities and poverty;
- building climate-resilient cities;
- modernising health services.
The projects will be assessed by prominent academics and a separate winner will be decided through popular online vote. The awards will be given during a special ceremony in October in Brussels where REGIOSTARS trophy and a certificate from the European Commissioner for Regional Policy will be awarded. Moreover, winning projects have the opportunity to receive a small promotional video and present their projects during a special press-event.
Among the requirements for successful project applications are:
- having received co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund, the Cohesion Fund, the European Social Fund, or a under Interreg IPA-CBC or Interreg ENI-CBC programmes, after 1 January 2007;
- fully implemented or sufficiently developed projects;
- not having applied for previous editions of the award;
- having received an Endorsement letter by the responsible Managing authority, etc.
Applications are expected before 9th May 2019. For full application guidelines, visit Regio Stars Awards.
TheMayor.EU stands against fake news and disinformation. If you encounter such texts and materials online, contact us at email@example.com