Help Cavan County draft its digital strategy
“Connected Cavan” shall transform the way business is done and make communication more productive
- 22 de julio de 2019 11:30
- Aseniya Dimitrova
Cavan County Council together with local businesses, communities and citizens is drafting its digital strategy. Entitled “Connected Cavan”, the document is intended to set guidelines on how transform the ways business is done and make communication more productive, thanks to the usage of digital tools. In fact, “Doing More With Digital” comes in response to a governmental requirement to all local authorities in Ireland to have such a document implemented.
Thus, all strategies should revolve around the following five themes:
- Digital Economy (e-commerce, e-skills, ICT systems, innovation facilities & services);
- Digital Infrastructure (broadband, telecoms, connected facilities);
- Digital Skills (In business, the public sector, community);
- Digital Society (Smart Communities / Citizens) and finally;
- Digital Services (digitisation of public services).
Accordingly, one of the goals set out by Cavan County is to assure access to high speed broadband services, including rural locations. In a larger perspective, the authority is motivated to enhance and develop the existing digital infrastructure so as to contribute to the social and economic development of the local population.
Finally, the County is calling on all citizens willing to contribute to the debate to submit their suggestions or even better – join one of the ongoing workshops on the topic of their interest. Find out how to get involved how here.
Like the article? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest from the EU cities right into your inbox.