The European Committee of the Regions is setting up Network of Regional Hubs
RegHubs aims to involve key local and regional stakeholders
- N, 14. märts 2019, 19:30:00 +0200, 375 impressions
- Monika Dimitrova
Network of Regional Hubs, also known as RegHub, is an initiative of the European Committee of the Regions. RegHub is a platform which aims to involve key local and regional stakeholders through effective consultations in order to collect their experiences on EU policy implementation because local and regional authorities are at the forefront of implementing EU policy. Through the RegHubs, the EU institutions will benefit from their invaluable input by producing more efficient policies and ultimately bringing the Union closer to its citizens.
Objectives of the RegHubs:
- Strengthening the focus in improving existing EU legislation and its implementation at local and regional level;
- Providing technical feedback on the implementation of EU legislation at local and regional level;
- Ensuring better involvement of local and regional actors at an early stage of the EU legislative process;
- Promoting simplification and interregional learning in implementing and further developing EU legislation.
Source: European Committee of the Regions