Bruck an der Mur
20 November 860 is the date of the earliest record of stttlement in the Bruck area. It was located in what is today the center of the town. In 1263 Кing Otakar II of Bohemia surrounded the town with walls. Bruck officially became a town in 1277 when it was granted town privileges by King Rudolph von Habsburg who ruled after Кing Otakar II of Bohemia. Iron work was the main economic branch in the town responsible for the debvelopment of trade during the middle ages.
Bruck an der Mur is located in the district Bruck-Murzzuscchlaga. It has a population of 16, 000 people and is located in the Austrian state of Styria, near the confluence of the Mur and Murz Rivers.
Address: Koloman-Wallisch-Platz 1, 8600 Bruck an der Mur
Telephone: +43 (0)3862 - 890
Metal product and paper are what is mainly manufactured in Bruck an der Mur. An important rail junction is located in the town - the Graz-Vienna train line.
A 15th-century Gothic church is located in the city. Datign from tyhe same period is the famous Kornmesser house, built in the Venetian style by Pankraz Kornmess.
A great fire took place in the town in 1792. After us only two houses remained standing while 164 burned down. The two can be seen today.