The Mayor of Europe Awards - coming soon
TheMayor.eu – Тhe European portal for cities and citizens will award the best mayors
- Domingo, 19 de Janeiro de 2020, 09:30h
- Monika Dimitrova
The annual awards Mayor of Europe aim to recognise the great and significant work of local authorities within the European Union and to promote a more active role in improving the social and economic development of cities.
The specific goals of the Awards are:
- To focus the attention of the European citizens and relevant stakeholders on the work of local and regional authorities;
- To shine the spotlight on the best practices at local level, those which serve the communities best by contributing to the social and economic development of cities, municipalities and regions;
- To increase the level of transparency in the process of spending public funds;
- To enhance the motivation for self-improvement and proactive learning of local authorities with regards to the development and implementation of good practices.
The awards will be given to:
- Small municipalities
- Medium municipalities
- Large municipalities
- Capital cities
On the following topics:
- Smart city
- Green city
- Cultural city
- University city
- Tourist city
- Sport city
- Youth city
Nomination procedure – every local administration within the European Union will be able to apply online for one or more of the topics by filling-in an application form. The latter will be designed by experts with the purpose of underlining the most efficient strategies, projects and ideas which brought about improvements in the lives of European citizens throughout the year.
The vote of the European citizens – The European citizens will have the opportunity to vote through a specially developed online app on the platform www.TheMayor.eu. The citizens will be able to submit their electronic vote from mobile, tablet or computer.
More information and details about the ceremony are to be provided soon.
Do you have comments or suggestions? Write us at email@example.com
TheMayor.EU stands against fake news and disinformation. If you encounter such texts and materials online, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org