Stockholm - one of the most connected cities in the world
It offers a number of e-services
- Donnerstag, 09. Mai 2019, 21:30 Uhr
- Monika Dimitrova
The e-services of the City of Stockholm play an important part in the mission to offer fast, easy and high-level service to its inhabitants, based on individual choice and preference, announced the municipality. To achieve this goal, the City of Stockholm has prepared an e-strategy, turning the Swedish capital into a more accessible and modern city. Efficient public services are key factors in a thriving city and they are characterised by a common aim to prioritize citizens’ different needs and desires. The municipality is trying to provide support and facilitate in everyday life.
Examples of e-services offered by the City of Stockholm:
- Route planning in the mobile phone: 6,000 visually impaired people have personal freedom and security with the mobile route-planning tool.
- Planning a bike trip: About 70,000 people cross Stockholm by bike every day. This e-service allows to find the safest and shortest bike route from one location to another, in and outside the city.
- Applying for elderly care: Approximately 6,000 people apply for elderly care each year. This service makes it convenient to do this online.
- Applying for elementary school: About 7,000 children begin elementary school every year. The processing time with this online service is expected to be cut by half, from nine months to four.
Like the article? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest from the EU cities right into your inbox.